First Presbyterian Church, LeRoy MN
  Home       About Us       FAQs       Contacts       Choir       Missions       Calendar  

About our Church

Faith Statement

We believe in the Trinity: God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit.

We believe in the 10 Commandments and that the Bible is the infallible Word of God.

We believe that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life.  There is no way to salvation but through Him. We are saved by the grace of God which is freely given to all those who believe in Jesus and trust in Him. We acknowledge that we are all sinful human beings and recognize our need for repentance to receive God's forgiveness and redemption.

We believe man is created in God's image and that all life is sacred and to be protected.

We believe that through Jesus all things are possible.

Manse - 1st Presbyterian Church, LeRoy MN


The hall above the Allen Hardware Store in the new village of LeRoy was the first home of the First Presbyterian Church with the Rev. A.C. Ruliffson as pastor.
The Presbyterian and Methodist faiths worshipped together until the 1870's, when the first Presbyterian church was erected. It was dedicated in 1871.
In 1895; an addition, including Sunday school rooms, was added and the manse built.
The "Mite Society," an early forerunner of the Ladies Guild, was organized at this time. Their first project was the digging of the basement under the church in 1910. This group is presently known as the Presbyterian Women's Association.
In 1919 the Presbyterian and Baptist Churches attempted a merger. This project was dissolved after a trial period.
A building committee was organized in 1953 and the present structure was dedicated in 1960 with membership at 286.
The manse was built in 1969 on what had been the original church site.
Twenty-eight ministers and students have served the Presbyterian Church.